Job # 2441
National Account Manager
Designated Director or VP
Reason for Job Description Use:
Job Description Review
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for managing sales and maximizing profits with one or more assigned national retailers and distribution channels. Grow market penetration through account growth and the development of new accounts. Ensure sales goals are achieved through managing long-term business relationships.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the sales strategy for the assigned national retailers and distribution channel(s); ensure strategy meets or exceeds profitable growth expectations.
• Establish and manage strong business relationships with key decision-makers of assigned accounts; maintain proactive communication with the account’s management.
• Identify new opportunities for product introduction; grow retailer and channel penetration.
• Prepare national strategic plans, evaluate sales performance, and take appropriate corrective action as necessary to maintain profitability expectations.
• Maintain a current knowledge and understanding of the consumer market; dedicate time to understand the consumer within the national retailers/channels target audience; provide market feedback to ensure product development, merchandising, and pricing meets consumer/market needs.
• Understand the brand’s product line(s); maintain a current knowledge of similar competitor products.
• Create and present presentations on products, promotions, etc. to decision makers.
• Manage the price quote process and sales administration for assigned accounts/channels.
• Provide forecasting information regarding anticipated product need; support demand planning/forecasting.
• Actively participate in Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) meetings; provide input and discussion regarding future product demand, production scheduling, and finished goods inventory relative to channel needs.
• Actively promote the Company to include the products and services of its brands; serve as the “face and voice” of the brand.
• Attend and participate in trade shows and other customer events.
• May participate in development or provide input to management on the business unit’s strategic plan.
• Assist with business unit budget planning process; identify anticipated sales income and administration expenses for assigned account(s).
• May provide or assist in training sales representatives and/or sales support team.
• Other duties as deemed necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
Minimum Work Experience:
Five (5) years of progressive sales / account management experience within the consumer products industry.
License(s) / Certification(s):
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
• In depth knowledge of the company’s product portfolio.
• Knowledge of channel/distributor sales techniques and best practices.
• Proficiency using a Personal Computer (PC) to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
• Strong business acumen skills and the ability to correctly apply and understand business acumen during professional conversations.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop, maintain, and effectively manage complex business relationships to the business unit’s benefit.
• Analytical skills and the ability to apply analytics in meeting sales objectives.
• Time management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple competing demands.
• Ability to command presence in a meeting or group setting.
• Ability to effectively interact and communicate with persons of various personality types at all levels within and outside the Company.
• Ability to be a self-starter and highly motivated.
• Ability to apply innovation to meet business unit objectives.
• Ability to be energetic.
• Ability and willingness to learn, improve, and broaden professional skills.
• Ability to travel regularly (domestic and/or international).
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
• Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.