Job # 2422
Manages the day to day construction activities at the Construction Co. jobsites. These activities will include project management, costing, budgeting, estimating and overall direction and coordination of commercial, educational and other projects for the CONSTRUCTION CO. In addition, directs and coordinates employees, field managers, trade partners, and material suppliers concerned with the construction of a specific job(s) or projects ensuring time, quality, and budget standards are met by performing the following duties either personally, through trade partners, or field managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Reviews plans and specifications for projects with director, client, and/or architect to clarify costs and construction details in preliminary negotiations for contract.
· Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
· Works with director to establish construction budgets.
· Assists estimator/purchaser with the compilation of data for preparing estimates,
· Assists with estimates of material, equipment, and production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure projects will remain on schedule and within budget.
· Assists with preparation of bids, process specifications, test and progress reports, and other exhibits that may be required.
· Reviews bids from trade partners for conformity to contract requirements and determines acceptable bids.
· Helps with the awarding and administering contracts, including final approval of payment. Oversees the approval process of monthly pay requests.
· Establishes and maintains contact with trade partners and customers to ensure the smooth working of each project.
· Assembles field managers, project employees, and trade partners at start of project for a job-site preconstruction meeting.
· Travel to projects will be required – Attends an onsite weekly construction meeting performed by the field manager at least once per month.
· Works with estimator/purchaser and the field manager in the procurement of tools, equipment, materials, and labor to be delivered at specific times to conform to work schedules.
· Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and trade partners engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
· Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
· Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
· Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports to ensure completion on schedule and within budget.
· Answers questions regarding work under construction.
· Enforce job site safety rules and regulations, including a clean and orderly job site and reporting of injuries and accidents.
· Investigates and resolves client problems with finished product.
· Ability to work with in cooperation with field managers, trade partners, coworkers, vendors, and officials necessary to efficiently get the job done.
· Portrays a professional image at all times; refrains from anger and does not pose a direct threat to anyone.
· Follows and champions the Onsite Operations protocol.